Submit a Paper
Already have a Username/Password for electronic Journal of Health Informatics?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission is unpublished, original work that has not been not been submitted elsewhere and will not be submitted elsewhere while under consideration by the eJHI Editorial Board.
- Authors must disclose confidentially to the editorial staff of eJHI any potentially overlapping materials, whether already published, or currently in peer review. Submissions previously submitted to other journals have to be declared as such to avoid burdening an already labor-intensive peer review process. It is best if the authors attach clearly labeled copies of any such potentially duplicative work, along with their original submission to the journal. They should include either the previous critique, or a cover letter with the new submission that explains how the authors have modified the manuscript to address the previous (outside) critique. (This is inline with the editorial "On Exemplary Scientific Conduct Regarding Submission of Manuscripts to Biomedical Informatics Journals" by R. A. Miller, T. Groth, A. Hasman, C. Safran, E. H. Shortliffe, R. Haux, A. T. McCray)
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- The text meets all eJHI's formatting requirements outlined in these Guidelines and uses the journal's template to produce the paper.
- Especially, ALL references are complete and formatted according to these Guidelines.
- The authors are aware that any papers that do not pass the eJHI 'gate criteria' or are not formatted appropriately (see previous points) will be returned to the author without peer-review.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent uses of the work, including uses infringing the above license. It is the author's responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.
Authors may, of course, use and distribute their published paper as desired and place the published version in repositories of their choice.
The names and email addresses entered in the eJHI site will be used exclusively for the purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
For communication purposes it is necessary that the email address of the corresponding author is correct and kept uptodate throughout the review and publishing process.